Sunday, April 22, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

Ok so Robert came and we flew over to Las Vegas. Las Vegas is definitely the craziest city I've been to, and I loved and hated it. It was all so overwhelming – the casinos, the hotels, the noises, the lights, the money flow so extreme that you can practically see millions flying by. We were supposed to stay for three nights, but left after two. The first night we met Steinar, Håvard (people from elementary school) and Joar (their buddy), and hung out with them the whole time. We had a buffet meal a couple of times a day and spent a whole day hanging out by the pool. We went along with them after two nights for a short roadtrip through Death Valley and Yosemite and then back home.

Well, Death Valley was awesome – very dry, very big and very hot. We stayed the night in a tiny place called Bishop and the day after we drove on towards Yosemite. The roads were closed due to snow so we couldn’t get in to the park. After a while we realised that we might as well join the others and go to Berkeley for a couple of days, and so we did. I got to check out a lecture with professor John Searle (I’m a fan), and we also got to spend a day in San Francisco.

I think that’s that. Now we’re back to normal again, doing our daily nothings and just enjoying life as it should be. Only a month and a half left – I’m not ready to leave yet!


PICTURES!!

Buffet, The Strip & Death Valley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home